Saturday, December 13, 2008

Kristen Stewart - 'Twilight was forced on me'

Kristen Stewart initially had no interest in taking on the role of Bella in Twilight. She revealed to Australia's Sunday Mail: 'The script was forced on me. It was in a stack of studio movies of 'Smart options for Kristen'. I thought 'This is crap, you're going to present a completely ideological idea of love to 11-year-olds and that's so not right'. You're setting them up for total disappointment'.'

But the full script eased her fears: 'I'm not OK with the idea of ideological men where they're perfect and you're not, but that's not what we have here. Our character is so tortured and not OK.

Kristen on costar Robert Pattinson's fans: 'Some are rabid and just look at me with disdain. I remember we did a signing at a bookstore and, after being there a couple of hours, we had to leave, but there was still this wall of people waiting to get Rob's autograph.

I saw people looking at Rob and the prospect of not getting to meet him after waiting for so long, they just wanted to die. It was scary. I thought: 'If we leave, there is going to be a riot'..

No comments: